Tips & Tricks
How To Turn Your Gift Card Into Cash
Get Freebies Today will be glad to suggest several ways if you want to know how to turn your gift card into cash. You can sell your gift card, exchange it for your favorite cards, or trade it at Coinstar Exchange.
1. Can You Turn Your Gift Card Into Cash?
Yes, you can turn your gift card into cash. You can actually exchange unwanted gift cards for cash rather than leaving them unused. The fact is that getting money from old gift cards is relatively easy.
2. How To Turn Gift Card Into Cash
Here are some ways to turn your gift card into cash:
- Turn Gift Card Into Cash By Selling.
- Trade Your Gift Cards At Coinstar Exchange.
- Exchange Your Gift Cards For Cards That You Like.
2.1. Turn Gift Card Into Cash By Selling
Here are how you can turn your gift card into cash by selling:
- Sell your gift card on websites: There are several websites that will buy your gift card and give you cash in exchange, including Cardpool, Raise, CardCash, and Giftcard Zen. These websites will even provide you with prepaid postage to mail your gift card to them. Some websites will buy a digital gift card from you immediately if you have one.
- Sell your gift card through apps: Some companies, such as Raise, also offer a mobile app through which you can sell your gift card. Simply download the app, send in your card, and select whether you want to be paid via PayPal or check. For commission, that company will typically take 15% of the gift card’s value.
- Sell the gift card to someone else: There’s a chance you have a friend who would like to purchase the gift card from you. This is most likely the simplest and safest way to sell your card. Check with your friends to see if any of them are interested. If a friend is interested, arrange a meeting or send a gift card through the mail.
2.2. Trade Your Gift Cards At Coinstar Exchange
Here are how you can trade your gift card at Coinstar Exchange
- Use a Coinstar Exchange kiosk: Many large chain grocery stores have Coinstar Exchange kiosks near the front entrance. You will receive an offer after simply swiping the gift card. Typically, the offer will be between 60% and 85% of the balance on the gift card. You have the option of accepting or rejecting the offered amount. If you accept the offer, you will be given a voucher that can be exchanged for cash at a cash register.
- Go to a Gift Card Exchange kiosk to trade your card for cash: A Gift Card Exchange kiosk is typically located in a grocery store. Insert your card information into the kiosk and then choose whether or not to accept the offer made by the kiosk. If you accept the offer, you can choose between receiving a voucher that can be exchanged for cash at a cashier or a Visa gift card.
- Trade your gift card for a different store: If you don’t like the store from which your gift card was issued, you can exchange it for a gift card to a different store. This can be done online or at specific kiosks. You can, for example, exchange your gift card using a website like CardCash. Alternatively, you can take your card to a store like Target and exchange it for a Target gift card at a store kiosk.
2.3. Exchange Your Gift Cards For Cards That You Like
If you like having gift cards but don’t like any of the ones you have, you can always exchange them for gift cards to other stores. For instance, CardCash allows you to exchange gift cards for gift cards of the same value or cards worth up to 7% more in some cases.
When you use a site like CardCash to trade gift cards, you’re not only making money on a gift card you wouldn’t use otherwise, but you might also get a few extra dollars to spend at a store or restaurant where you’d like to treat yourself.
It’s a good idea to know how to turn gift card into cash. Let’s find the method that works for you with Get Freebies Today.