Tips & Tricks
How To Activate Walmart Gift Card?
If you hold a gift card from Walmart in hand, remember activating before using it. Have no idea about how to activate Walmart gift card? Get Freebies Today will let you know in this article.
1. How to activate a Walmart Gift Card?
Walmart is one of the world’s most well-known retail chains. They give away gift cards as part of the numerous promotions they offer to their customers. You have to activate the cards to use them when shopping. It is not like regular debit or credit cards with 16-digit card number printed on the back.
You can activate a Walmart gift card in 3 different ways: By phone, online, or at a Walmart store. The ID number, activation code, and PIN are required. You can call customer care for any help.
1.1. Activating A Walmart Gift Card Online
Here are 4 easy steps for you to activate your Walmart card online:
- Step 1: Launch your website browser.
- Step 2: Open the URL sent to you in the mail from Walmart. It should also be on the card you received. Make sure to type the correct URL as there are similar sites by hackers meant to steal these gift cards.
- Step 3: Enter the ID number, code, and PIN if requested.
- Step 4: Once you input the code and access the card, it will be automatically activated. If you want to protect against theft, you can register your card. You must give the number, three-digit security code, and expiration date during registration before using your Walmart Visa Gift card.
1.2. Activating Your Walmart Gift Card At The Store
In addition, activating your card at the store is possible where you intend to redeem it. This card is the same to store credit that can be used to purchase a variety of items.
Here is the process for your card activation at the store:
- Purchase the card.
- Select the amount to be loaded onto the card.
- Walmart will allow you to load the exact amount you want onto the card.
- The card will be activated once you make a purchase with the amount of money you loaded onto it.
- You should check with the cashier to make sure that the card is properly activated and that you can use it to make other purchases.
- The cashier can provide you with a receipt.
1.3. Activating Your Walmart Gift Card By Phone
You can also activate gift card by calling Walmart’s toll-free number. The ID number, PIN, and the code on the card will come in handy. If there is no sticker on the card that hides the above information, the card has most likely already been activated.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all cards have a PIN, so don’t worry if you can not see one on your card. When you call the toll-free number, you should have the card nearby, preferably in your hands. It will make it easier for you to find the information you require.
The other way you can do is to speak with a customer service representative or the automated voice prompts. If that doesn’t work, you should try some of the other Walmart customer service numbers listed below:
We will help you answer some frequently asked questions about activating gift cards from Walmart.
2.1. Do You Have To Activate A Gift Card?
Yes. It is critical to activate the card because this card can be redeemed at a variety of other online and physical stores.
2.2. What Gift Cards Need To Be Activated?
Because Walmart wants to secure its customers, any bulk gift card orders of more than 25 cards or gift cards worth more than $250 must be activated before being used. You must get a password from an email sent at the time of purchase. In case you lose the mail; a quick chat with the Customer Service of Walmart will help you get set up!
2.3. How Do You Recover A Stolen, Lost, Or Missing Walmart eGift Card Email?
The procedure in detail can assist you in locating a Walmart eGift card email that has been lost, stolen, or misplaced:
- Check your spam folders. Certain mail providers have strict policies that require any unfamiliar address to be sent to the spam or trash bin.
- When Walmart gives you a card, it will be sent to the email address linked with your Walmart.com account, so be sure your Walmart account contains your current mail before ordering.
- Your Walmart cards will be delivered 48 hours after purchase.
2.4. How to Make Online Purchases with Your Gift Card?
In the Payment Method screen on the website, you can select Walmart Visa Gift Card and add it. If your order total is less than the amount on Gift Card, the difference will be available for future purchases on your card. If it exceeds the amount on your Gift Card, you must pay the balance with more gift cards or a credit/prepaid card.
If you do not know how to activate a Walmart gift card, let Get Freebies Today show you what you have to do. It is different with a debit or credit card. Walmart makes gift card activation simple by offering streamlined registration options in stores, online, and via the Walmart app. You can choose the option you like.
Visit our website and other social media for new information that updates every single day.
==> Find out more Walmart Gift Cards offers:
- $5 Walmart Gift Card
- $10 Walmart Gift Card
- $15 Walmart Gift Card
- $20 Walmart Gift Card
- $25 Walmart Gift Card
- $30 Walmart Gift Card
- $50 Walmart Gift Card
- $75 Walmart Gift Card
- $100 Walmart Gift Card
- $150 Walmart Gift Card
- $200 Walmart Gift Card
- $250 Walmart Gift Card
- $300 Walmart Gift Card
- $400 Walmart Gift Card
- $500 Walmart Gift Card
- $750 Walmart Gift Card
- $5000 Walmart Gift Card
- 26+ Ways To Get Free Walmart Gift Card
- Where To Buy Walmart Gift Cards?
- How To Check Walmart Gift Card Balance?
- How To Redeem Walmart Gift Card?
- How To Register A Walmart Gift Card?